Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Home sick today, but sent my resume's in.

I thought a couple I saw might apply to Jerrye as well because we both are actually graduating with the studio arts degrees which means we chose to areas.  I have painting and graphics and she has ceramics and painting I believe.

Anyway, I sent my links to Brian and Wil since I know Wil is glued to his IPad.  :)  I put what I liked about them and disliked.  I really would prefer to do the CD with mine and have a printed resume since both areas I'm specializing in are so visual.  I geared my comments in that direction and would appreciate any positive or negative feedback.

And you can all thank me Thursday for not sharing my crud at the beginning of a hectic semester!  :)  Cough!  Cough!

7 comments:

  1. The cough is subsiding a bit. I was doing a pretty good impression of Kim Carnes this morning! I'll be back in action by next session.

    Where you all able to see what I sent in my absence? I really would appreciate any feedback.

    I'm a bit baffled on my direction with the resume. The whole premise of the Studio Arts degree is that my work is diversified. So, for me, that's been an issue and why I'm pursuing the art therapy degree. I don't see a natural specialization for myself. Thus, HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, you don't need to get that specific about the concentration since your degree is a B.A in Fine Arts. In fact, your degree won't even mention Studio Arts. You can mention the concentration in your 'Education' section, but you don't have to gear the whole document around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be a useful site: http://www.bestsampleresume.com/art-resumes.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or this: http://www.collegeart.org/guidelines/resume

    ReplyDelete
  5. has aspirations in life to become a dirty old woman that gawks at young men while working at Wal-Mart as a people greeter...

    ===============

    A friend just posted this on facebook. Guess I need to leave that OFF the resume. ;0)

    Seriously, I wasn't thinking of having the resume be the only thing on the site. I was thinking basically one page for the resume with another for my artist statement and then presenting my various art skills in individual formats. The resume itself I would like to be concise and fairly clean with a some elegant font. Something easily printable.

    ReplyDelete