Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Don't forget to email me... and reception update.

I'll keep what everyone gives private so no one is pressured. But, in fairness, we will need some cash for overhead costs for food and paper goods. I'm going to look at the Power Point and resave it with a different name and see if I can save it some other way too and resend that.

In there is not only some of the frozen foods at Sam's but paper goods as well.

And when you're offering to bring a dish don't forget I'm estimating about 200 people at this point. We may have less but we don't want to be caught off guard at the last minute.

Some may not have heard at the end. I can get a 22# bag of ice for a little over $3 there. But we'll need coolers to hold the ice. My kids took mine camping and the plug is gone now. :( Brian said he has one but I suspect we'll need more than that.

I have a small micro that I'll bring in case we need to warm anything. If anyone else has a 2nd we may want to have that there just in case.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my email: daughter_liberty@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to be clear on something with the power point. I'm in NO WAY suggesting we have everything on there. I realize we all have budgets to live on. Thus, the private reply on what we can each afford and contribute.

    The power point is ONLY intended to be a starting point on what we could have there. And of course, if some aren't going to mess with preparing they can allow for that in their contribution.

    The two I would like to see there are the quiche and the cream puffs. I've had the brand and both are very inexpensive and provide quite a bit of food. A couple boxes of those will go a long way. But, if others disagree, that's fine. and the spirals looked good too. I know they can be made, but it's time consuming. If anyone has that time that's cool!

    We will need some essentials. We will need the paper goods and ice and things like that. I think we all need to contribute something towards those. But, if you have a smaller budget bring a good tray of something or make an appetizer tray. I mean, none of us would host a party in our home and NOT provide a plate and cup! Those are essentials we'll all have to split.

    I was going to make a tray of desserts but I'm nervous about the time so I'm going to probably bring a family recipe for a shrimp dip that goes quite nicely with ruffled chips and / or veggies.

    I'm also going to contribute the punch fixings. I have a sherbert recipe that's pretty good.

    The one paper good we may want to look further on are the paper plates. I don't know if that's our best value. I don't want the cheap paper because we aren't providing a wealth of seating and table space and we don't want people having a flimsy plate.

    Also, we should consider the cider and ice from there. Those seem reasonable. And we will need something to put out ice with.

    I did not figure on soda. That's up to all of you. But, I think if we have enough left over in the budget we can get that at the last minute.

    Don't forget! With the sherbert punch recipe and ice we will need coolers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard from 3 people and have included my cash contribution as well. We've got between $125 and $130 contributed.

    I'll go over the food donations tomorrow.

    And I'm hoping you all saw the power point. Some have suggested ways to save even further with things like queso dip being made. But, someone will have to step up to make them as I've got another dish I'm making and I will have art to prepare. So, I'm not opposed to making things. I just have two hands. :)

    Zhalda is looking at things too and will make further suggestions on a menu.

    ReplyDelete