Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our Checklist for the Gallery

This is the checklist I've come up with. Feel free to let me know if the order of things needs to be changed but this is strictly pertaining to preparing the space for installation.

  • Remove ceiling tiles
  • Paint walls
  • Place drop-cloth (Can be done before the painting too)
  • Grid the floor with duct tape
  • Hang Work (Or perhaps we can use cardboard to mock up where things will hang)
  • Arrange Lighting
  • Set up reception area (Perhaps this should include cleaning the carpet in the front?)
  • Place lettering on the windows
  • Have the Show!
If I've forgotten anything, please let me know. However, I only intended this as a general checklist so its going to be lacking several details.

6 comments:

  1. Earl, from Physical Plant, has agreed to lend us the drop cloths for floor covering. With his offer and those available from the gallery, we should have plenty to cover our space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, reguarding the vinyl lettering for the windows... about what size would you say is best for "ECLECTICA"? I called to get prices but they needed the height and length of the letter. I was going to say about 2in by 2in for our names. Does that sounds alright? I will call Monday to get the offical prices of a few local places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore that first comment. I am new at dealing with vinyl lettering. Plus, it doesn't take much to confuse me :) But I have some updates I'll share in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I called "Fine Signs and Graphics" off Blackston Mill Rd. they said prices depend on the square footage of the area, not the size of the individual letters. I didn't know that before I made my comment yesterday.

    ReplyDelete