Saturday, October 15, 2011

Food

My thoughts are this... As far as food we probably want to see what we can have donated from restaurants first.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/searchResults.jsp?searchCategoryId=all&searchTerm=frozen+appetizers&fromHome=yes&_requestid=59227

Pending on where we stand at that point I can ask at Sam's Club if they would give any kind of a discount over and above member discounts. I'm going to bet donations are out because it's a division of Walmart and they probably need to get corporate approval and we all seem to be running into conflicts with corporate organizations as far as time constraints.

I've had some of the Nancy's brand products over the years and those are always good. We can always bring in a micro to heat things in the backroom if we have warmers. Mine isn't huge so I can tote that for warming the foods. But, we'll probably want a 2nd one.

And I'm betting I could finagle a couple teens that would man the micros for us that day. Not that their Mom would object to slave labor. :) Jerrye's probably got one that would do that too! And I know a couple young ladies that are still gushing over him and can't wait to see him in concert! :)

I have a decent freezer here to store some foods if we need to order in advance or maybe we can ship to the store and I'll pick it up the day before. We may need some things to thaw so we wouldn't want to wait till that day.

The dessert things are normally good too like mini cheesecakes and things and they have a GREAT fresh bakery.

And we know I have the membership. (P.S. as students we can all get the membership there. When I signed up they gave a gift certificate to students which was about 1/2 the membership cost and I saved OVER that amount in the first trip.) I've never NOT saved on anything in there based on volume. And I've yet to be disappointed on the quality. So, even if they don't donate we would get reasonable prices if all want to chip in something and give me an idea of what quantities and what you would like.

3 comments:

  1. I know many galleries in Louisville use Sam's club for opening receptions. We should take advantage of that to fill in the blanks of what we don't have from individual or local restaurant contributions. Don't forget though, this will be out-of-pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I asked the girls about helping with warming and putting the food out Emily said, "So, you want me to do what I do at KFC for free?". I said, "Uh huh!".

    We have at least two servers. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend is really into baking, and she said she would bake something for the event... I was thinking of having her make her white chocolate and cranberry cookies, or maybe her carrot cake cupcakes... something like that...

    ReplyDelete